In a large house, lived a lazy Young Man. He woke up in the afternoon, ate his meat, then lay in bed again. He had a parrot named Polly. She watched this lazy fellow and was puzzled by him.
One day, Polly asked the Young Man, “Don’t you get tired of lying in bed all day and all night? The sun has been out hours ago, and people have finished half their day’s work.”
“Why are you so lazy?” she asked, as she ruffled her feathers.The Young Man yawned and answered, “Every morning, when I wake up, two friends whisper in my ears. One friend is Hard Work and the other Laziness.” “Hard Work says, Wake up! There is lots to do today. Time is passing by, don’t waste it by sleeping.’ But Laziness says, Why the hurry to wake up? Sleep some more. Why should you work while there are others to work hard?”‘
The Young Man continued, “I listen patiently to both my friends. All my time goes by like that and so, I keep lying in bed for a long time.”
Just talk does not help; we should get up and work.
The world is changing and it is changing so fast, events are taking place at the snap of fingers and these events are shaping the world. Someday, I plan to ride one of the electric cars built by Elon Musk but that will only be a dream or mere wish if I don’t put in the work that will earn the money to buy a car at Tesla. Men wake up daily and their hearts are filled with desires and lots of wishes, but nothing will change, your desires will remain if you do get up and work..
Laziness is a thief? Do you agree? Just like procrastination, gradually, they steal your time and eventually, your life. There is no man who dreams of making an meaning out of life who does it with folded arms. You don’t wish an empire into existence, work has to be done. Maybe life would have been simpler if all we needed to do was wake up each day, eat, fold our arms, and repeat everything again. It is really great that there is a word called “responsibility” and it is a doing word.
There is a purpose for everyman in this life to accomplish.
Purpose is a big thing, many people still do not comprehend it. Hopefully, there will be a post on that sometime, meanwhile, we all should know that just because we are in the world, we owe it to the world to make our contributions before we pass one. You don’t need to change the world, just make it a little better than it was before you were born.
Can a lazy man affect his world in any way? Before we point out ways you can make a change, look at your lifestyle, if you exhibit any of these traits, you may need to make adjustments.
• Making excuses: There is always a reason not to go all out. It’s either raining cats and dogs or it’s too hot outside or the resources at your disposal are not sufficient?
• Giving up after one try.
• Not reading enough. We are in a generation where people would do everything else but read.
• Not keeping promises. Why make promises when you are fully aware you can’t keep them?• Sitting or lying in bed all day.
• Setting goals and not taking actions towards those goals
• The scrolling habit. Spend a lot of time on social media platforms, just scrolling aimlessly.
These are some of the things laziness prompts us to do. To break out, you have to consciously and painstakingly take contrary actions. Actions like:
• Planning ahead
• Investing in yourself by reading books, attending workshops and summits. Watching videos that will affect you positively.
• Being accountable for your actions. Do not blame anyone or circumstances for whatever you face or use them as an excuse not to work.
Character makes the difference and attitude is everything. Also, keep in mind that the world does not appreciate mediocrity. Have a great weekend as you ponder pm these things.