“Make hay while the Sun shines” seems so cliché, yet Jane couldn’t find her hay more or less seen the Sun shine before her. You see Jane was a chronic procrastinator, Jane was a time waster, Jane abused time so badly she was almost a nuisance to life. But Jane got her bearing right when she learnt to invest wisely in time.
What does it mean to invest in time?
Time investment is as rewarding as getting your first pay cheque. Jane knew this secret.
“Time flies like an arrow, fruits flies like a banana” “Time = life. Waste your time and waste your life or master your time and master your life.”
Time is something we deal with every day and something that everyone thinks they understand. Time is an indefinite continued progress of existence and events that occur in irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.
Investment is the action or process of allocating something tangible into another in the expectation of some future benefits.
Time investment is an important skill that needs to be nurtured with utmost dedication so as to yield great results.
Question: Can time be successfully utilized?
Yes, it can. “People can generally make time for what they choose to do;it is not really the time but the will that is lacking”.
From these, three important factors can be deduced;
- Willingness to make most use of time.
- Utmost Dedication
- Having a vision to run with.
TIPS ON HOW TO BE TIME CONSCIOUS.
- Know what is important and give it all you’ve got.
- “Either you run your day or your day runs you” create an outline of things to be achieved per day.
- Know that you are the pilot of your time, drive it to the right destination.
- Do not be a procrastinator. “Those who make worse use of their time are the first to complain about its shortness”.
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR TIME SUCCESS
- Examine yourself occasionally: start by asking yourself questions like; what good have been done today? The set goals were they achievable at least up to 70.
- Learn from failures: failures give more room for improvement. Never feel downcast because you did not achieve the desired results.
- Spend time by yourself: This gives room for self-reflection, it paves way for useful thinking.
- Learn to voluntarily get involved in exercises: make goo use of good opportunities that comes your way, it is another great way to learn.
- Make researches/ be better informed: No knowledge is a waste. It is also a good use of time on learning process.
- Save for the future: it doesn’t necessarily have to be money. Information penned down, ideas penned down are also investments for future gains.
“Your greatest resource is you TIME ” use wisely.
Written by Nneka Esther Okoro.
Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more of these? Kindly subscribe to the blog for more.